Sunday, August 15, 2010

feeling crafty

Hubby was outside mowing the yard yesterday.


Well, actually, he was really mowing the weeds in the yard.  It has been so dry, the grass isn't really growing, but somehow the weeds still manage.  Why is that?

Kiddo and I were feeling rather artsy-crafty, so we stayed inside, turned on Pandora


and pulled out one of our favorite art projects, originally found here.  We've done the circle version (tracing paper cups and other objects around the house) several times already, so this time we decided to try something new.  We grabbed some cookie cutters and went to work.

Kiddo chose the duck cookie cutter, I chose a star.  We traced our cookie cutters with sharpies until our paper was covered with our chosen shape.


Then we got out the watercolors and started painting!


I love crafting with my boy.  It is not always relaxing (although yesterday was), but always worth it! 

1 comment:

Sue Anne said...

Very creative and the results are colorful. The time spent is a great way for stimulating the creative mind. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...