One of the cool things about being a part of the kindergarden contest is meeting The Author over at About a Bug. I was reading one of her posts about the purple beans she planted with her son, and I thought, "Oh, cool, PURPLE beans! We only have boring green ones." I commented on her blog about how jealous I was of her colored beans, and before I knew it, there were purple bean seeds in our mailbox!
Author, you are awesome.
I showed my son pictures from Author's blog, and now every couple of days, he tells me he wants to see "the pictures of the nice boys who sent us seeds."
We finally got them planted in pots yesterday, since the garden is pretty full.
We also planted a pot of snap peas (waaay late, I know, but we'll see what happens). We are excited to see our beans and peas sprout and grow! Stay tuned!




6 comments:
I feel so honored! What fun to watch you and your son get the beans and plant them.
That is just cool! Now everyone will have purple beans.
Well all except me because I have slugs big enough to eat my children let alone my poor little beans! Kim
That's so fun, and what a nice gesture to send the seeds. I love the picture of your son checking the mailbox.
This is the sweetest post!! Who ever said that cyber friends aren't real??!
Sharing is the sign of a real friend!
This is as good as a pen pal--which by the way--I have an idea for which I will present a bit later on my blog.
Oh- and I have a great picture of a slug that Inadvertent farmer may enjoy!
I hope you have great success with your beans and peas!
I LOVE to see children growing things! Good luck.
So cool! I love looking at your photos. Very nice.
Shoot me that canned salsa recipe! I'd love to try it. I've never canned anything, but it's on my bucket list. (ha!)
frbuss@hotmail.com
Thanks!
Post a Comment